Room4it Writing

Welcome to our writing blog!!

Phoebe Kelly Tarltons Recount

Friday 14 May 2010 | room4it

My day at Kelly Tarltons.

On one sunny hot Friday the whole school went to Kelly Tarltons for the day. On the way there we stopped off at the park to have some morning tea. We were the first bus there. After we had morning tea we got back on the bus and headed to Kelly Tarltons.
When we got there, there was a big road and we were parked on the other side. We could not cross the road safely all together at once. So Mr O lead us to a building that took us down some stairs and then I noticed that we were going underground to get to the other side of the road.
When we were on the other side me and my friends saw some painted penguin feet and me and my friends started jumping on them like little rabbits. When we got into Kelly Tarltons it was very cold, but luckily I was wearing my jumper at that time.
When we got into the place we went to see the stingrays, and a lady went in to the tank and started to feed them. Another lady was holding the microphone and said the names of the stingrays. They were B.2, molly, and Phoebe .
When it was time to move on to the next show we all moved down to see the crayfish. From what I could see there was about 17 crayfish in that tank. Right at the back there was the big king crayfish. It was huge! I got hungry when I was Looking at that crayfish. In the tank beside them there was eels, big slimy eels. There was about 20 eels in that tank. Later on we helped a man feed the eels, they eat oysters.
The day was very exciting. My favourite part was seeing the stingrays. At the end, I got tired and fell asleep on the bus for about an hour. That was the greatest day in the week for me.
By Phoebe

Tags: | 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment